Thursday, October 20, 2016

Thursday, October 20th



During Midterm Break I went on vacation to my girlfriend's hometown located in Sheridan, MT near the Ruby Valley area. Sheridan is approximately 100 miles away from Bozeman and covered with luscious green grass, tall mountains, beautiful waters, and changing trees. This area includes Sheridan, Alder, Laurin, Virginia City, Nevada City, and Ennis that are closely spaced together. Throughout all these destinations there seem to be unlimited amounts of photograph opportunities with all the beautiful landscape and naturistic scenes available.   The photograph I chose to write about today shows a rare 3-legged deer. I think this is an extraordinary photograph capturing a rare deformity in its beauty. This animal lost one of it's legs, but is able to adapt and live well as you can see. Also, the placement seems to be nice and mid-level, with the animal looking in a positive direction.


The next picture I chose to write about today is a stream of water coming from a hot spring in Yellowstone National Park. I especially like the how the oranges, yellows, and reds as well as the light source in this picture because they seem to compliment each other nicely. The only thing I would try to adjust is the light source itself, particularly in making it slightly darker (less prevalent). This is not something typically seen coming from a stream of water. The hot spring itself was interesting to observe, but I also like the effects it has on the environment around it. Yellowstone National Park was definitely a sight to see with many wonderful photography opportunities. I can't wait to go back and visit again!


Sierra R. Hentges

No comments:

Post a Comment